Holiday Makeup Breakdown
OK disclaimer: I am by no means a makeup guru. I know a lot about products, but I am most definitely not like those Instagirls with flawless contour and highlight that you see on your feeds. I do, however, love makeup and have found the process of doing my makeup rather meditative. And with time, I've learned how to make myself look fairly presentable without the help of a MUA.
The other night, I had friendsmas dinner with some of my closest pals, and, of course, we had to dress up for the occasion. While we originally wanted to wear PJs and "slay makeup," we decided to just go all-out.
Here's the breakdown of my beauty look:
- Prime with Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (this gives you an incredible base, but be warned, it smells kind of weird).
- Conceal with Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Crème (I just started using this, but it's hands-down one of the best concealers I've ever used).
- Perfect complexion with MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation using a Beautyblender to blend it all in.
- Set with Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder.
- Contour and highlight with Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow (forever my fave contour kit).
- For added highlight, use Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop.
- Add a pop of colour to cheeks with NARS x Sarah Moon Blush in Isadora.
- Line tightline with Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner.
- Prime lids with Kat Von D Lock-It Color Correcting Eyeshadow Primer.
- Apply all four colours from Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Muse palette to lids.
- Create cat eye with Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.
- Curl eyelashes with Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler (I've been using this since the tenth grade, and have not looked back since).
- Prime lashes with Benefit They're Real! Tinted Lash Primer.
- Enhance lashes with Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes mascara.
- Seal it all in with Maybelline New York Lash Sensational mascara.
- Fill in sparse areas with Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil Easy Shape & Fill.
- Hydrate with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Magic.
- Add colour with Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick Duo In Opal/ Jam.
Then, seal everything all in with Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray.